Welcome to the NETA forums. They are provided for the New England trials community.  Anyone can read the forums.  You must have an account to post to the forums.  Send an email to the webmaster to request an account. Online registration has been disabled because of hacker abuse.

Rhode island Trials...

Notifications
Clear all

Rhode island Trials Club NETA Event 2021

3 Posts
3 Users
3 Reactions
gwrenn
(@gwrenn)
Topic starter  

Some short clips from the gopro camera. Great day thank you all and especially our great hosts.

https://vimeo.com/615532128/453249ae5c

\\ George

This topic was modified 3 years ago 2 times by gwrenn

Sturat and David reacted
Sturat
(@fprintf)
Eminent Member

That first section you show on the video, Sportsman Section 5 was nicely done despite the 1, as that is a pretty tough turn coming through that route. I kept going to the right of the tree and getting jammed up on the rocks, getting a 1 or 2 most times through as I put a foot down. I only tried your route on the last loop (and ended up with a 5 when I fell off the bike) at the recommendation of the checker.

Section 6, the next one, was a really hard section, do you agree? It was the hardest one on the loop, not really due to the two tight turns around the log but mostly because of the one backwards gate that was a very difficult 180+ degree turn. It was a situation where the best score in that section was a 1 for most riders - plant a right foot next to the little tree on the inside then pivot turn around the foot to just sneak the front tire in past the other side of the gate on the tree. I saw you ride just before me on one loop and you had a 3 going into that turn and then blew by the gate for a 5, the checkers were all disappointed!

(though Bronson the 7 year old on the Oset cleaned that section every time. He's got great skills and I'd say perhaps the benefit of small wheels and super short wheelbase. )

Despite my high scores and inability to clean a few Novice C sections in all 4 loops I had a real blast. It was great to see a lot of riders back out there.

ReplyQuote
(@trebor)

RITC Pics are up: https://neta.smugmug.com/RITC-9-26-21/

Sturat reacted
ReplyQuote