Welcome to the NETA forums. They are provided for the New England trials community.  Anyone can read the forums.  You must have an account to post to the forums.  Send an email to the webmaster to request an account. Online registration has been disabled because of hacker abuse.

Ideas for 2021 Seas...

Notifications
Clear all

Ideas for 2021 Season

28 Posts
10 Users
24 Reactions
David
(@dscarbro)
Trusted Member Admin

Yesterday I learned (thanks Ron & Dan) that an annual release card can be requested by anyone for competition events. Requiring these cards might help eliminate on-site paperwork and therefore with Covid safety for NETA events this year. 

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/annual-release-forms/

Alternatively, an online sign-up like that used by SoCalTrials (thanks Mike) has the AMA release as part of the sign-up form. It seems this approach would eliminate the need for the AMA release cards entirely (for both adults and minors). You can see their form by clicking the link below and beginning the signup for one of the no-cost signup options.

https://www.socaltrials.com/racing-registration

I haven't looked into creating signup registration forms, so I don't want to make too many promises, but this seems the most promising path.  I'll do some research.

ReplyQuote
(@stuart-preston)

@dscarbro  Thanks Dave, I agree it makes sense to streamline the sign up process to help avoid sign up traffic at the events until things ease up further. 

ReplyQuote
schristensen
(@stevec)

It looks like NMTA have also found a way to do pre-registration: Home (weebly.com)

ReplyQuote
David
(@dscarbro)
Trusted Member Admin

After talking to Leo yesterday, registering for an AMA online release form myself and talking to an AMA representative this morning. The following is how I propose that NETA's online registration system should work.

NETA will use the AMA's online liability release system for NETA event registrations.  The AMA liability release need only be done once a year.

Our online registration form will simply collect the necessary rider info & event fee.  It will have a checkbox to confirm that the rider has an AMA release.  We can verify the accuracy of this using a special account and login that will be provided to NETA by the AMA.

Registration for an event will close on the Friday prior to an event to allow time to "process" the registrations.  This will include verifying the liability release waivers and preparing score sheets arranged by class. This will also allow time to contact riders if they (in fact) do not have a liability release registered with the AMA.

I urge everyone planning to compete this year to register for an AMA online liability release waiver now.  It only take a few minutes.

https://americanmotorcyclist.com/annual-release-forms/

ReplyQuote
(@stuart-preston)

@dscarbro  This is a great step forward David, Thank you for getting this lined up !

schristensen reacted
ReplyQuote
(@43)

Are we going to still have sign ups the day of the event? The NATC nationals will. 

ReplyQuote
David
(@dscarbro)
Trusted Member Admin

@43

I think NATC can do day of the event signups because they have computers at the event for registration and score tabulation.

I am proposing a system that does not require a computer to be available at our events. If we offer traditional paper registrations for the day of the event registrations, I think there's little incentive for people to signup online.

ReplyQuote
(@tacrac)

David,

Just did the electronic release on line and it took less than 5 minutes to complete ( Great Idea and implementation )

Stuart Preston and David reacted
ReplyQuote
David
(@dscarbro)
Trusted Member Admin

NETA now has an AMA Support Services login.  This allows us to query the AMA membership database to see DOB, membership expiration date, and liability waiver status for any AMA member. Lookup is by name or AMA number.

AMA says they need 2 weeks this time of year to process liability waiver applications and more lead time as the racing season when racing season goes full swing. There should be a push to get everyone to apply for their AMA renewals and annual liability waivers NOW.

ReplyQuote
(@43)

Some people might not be able to do online and some might make last minute decisions on whether or not they  can go due to work ,family ect just charge an addition 5 or 10 dollars for day of event sign up. MMC had 3 successful events  last year with no reported illness or deaths  if anyone desires they can reach out to us for guidance on how we successfully did this following state guidelines at the time which were much more restrictive than they are now. Lets  be logical people go to the grocery store,big box stores ect and are more exposed to any virus than they would be at an event in the woods....just my 2 cent

Hope everyone is well and cant wait for season to start!!

r 10

ReplyQuote
 Max
(@max)

@43 totally agree I went to an event in Pennsylvania last year a two-day that had 97 Riders on one day and 95 on the second day and there were no masks in the woods and there was no problems with anything and that was when things were a lot tougher than they were now meaning no vaccinations at all it is ridiculous to think or even possibly even think that a mask would have to be worn at a Trials event especially in the woods or while riding. I have absolutely no problem with anyone that wants to wear a mask but I personally do not think it should be mandatory let's get on with stuff we can walk into a grocery store or Walmart that is an enclosed area. I like the ideas of not starting until June but I do think online sign up and mask-wearing in the woods is a little bit of Overkill this is just my opinion and I mean no offense by it to anyone else

ReplyQuote
(@tacrac)

@max, 43

Not exactly understanding what you are referring to in my post ? My comment was about how easy it was to do a season long waiver on the AMA website negating the need for extra paperwork at each event. Nothing about event sign up payment, Although if you are interested in volunteering to do that at events you should contact NETA officials as I am sure they will listen to all volunteers ideas

ReplyQuote
schristensen
(@stevec)

@Max, I quickly re-read the whole thread and didn't find anything about wearing masks (I may have missed it though). Also, online sign-up is being used by several trials organizations and isn't a bad idea for the NETA - a sanctioning body that represents the interests of seven or eight member clubs. It's just the safe thing to do until all this blows over...

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 2